Today’s date is 2017-11-17.
This document was generated on 2017-11-17 at 22:48.
The bar handbook is designed to make staff aware of how the village hall operates, sets down our operating procedures, policies, the standards we strive to achieve and the ultimate aim for the bar. A set of management guide appendix are available covering till management, pricing, licensing, cash control, cellar management and duty management.
- Aughton Village Hall - Bar Handbook
- About Aughton Village Hall
- Opening Up
- Closing Procedure
Aughton Village Hall serves the local community of Aughton providing an important hosting space. The bar has been a part of the village hall from the start and forms a key part making the village hall an attractive and good value private hire venue. It is important the bar keeps pace with the time and provides the best service to customers and hirers.
- Enter through the outer cellar
- Unlock the bar door, enter and deactuvate the alarm
- Ensure there is nothing suspicious on premise
- Empty bottle bins (if time permits)
- Fridges chilling (turned on)
- Check: Bar fridge fully stocked, tidy & labels facing forward
- Side fridge suitably stocked especially wine
- Cellar tidy
- Delivery brought in a tidied away
- All spirits checked
- If there running very low get the spare ready
- Bring in barrels to the cellar
- Kegs Connected & Secure
- Cellar Boys Floating with BEER
- Gases on: Mixed & CO2
- Pressure gauges correct
- Check syrup level
- Diet Coke, Coca-Cola, Lemonade
- Empty water barrel
- Cash Control
- Till(s) counted
- Bar Float Checked
- Bar log book completed
- Till check sheets verified
- Till in draw
- Till switched on
- Back & Front Bar
- Hot water on
- All glasses and washing up put away
- Box for bottles under the bar
- Waste bucket under the bar
- Bin bag in bin
- Bar runners (mats) x4 out and facing forward
- Beer Pulled through on bar
- Check all drip trays and nozels are present
- Empty bottle bin placed under sink
- Fridge doors clean
- Switch bar fridge light on
- Lemon & Lime cut (as required)
- Ensure the bar is clean, tidy and presentable
The following procedures should be performed in advance of the venue closing, in preparation for the end of the function.
The bar must be left ready to serve customers with the following exceptions:
- Draught lines should contain water if the venue is close for over 3 days
- Bar Fridge(s) should be switched off when thr venue is closed for over 3 days
- Spirits restocked
- Wine fridge/self restocked
- Bar Fridge Restocked
- Cellar Tidy - no open case in the cellar
- Stock Order Complete
- Fruit juices dated/disposed
- Wastage recorded (log book)
- Till(s) Cashed Up
- Till(s) counted
- Float sheet done
- Bar Book (Close Till Float)
- Till reading done
- Daily: [AT/TL], 4[AT/TL], PLU
- Log Book
- PLU FOA Manager
- Weekly: [AT/TL], 4[AT/TL]
- Calculate Takings
- In log book
- Deposit takings & Notes Float
- Coin float
- Log book
- Beer lines returned to water (unless they are being next day or day after)
- Gas isolated CO2 & Mixed
- Barrels removed
- Syrups not empty or low
- No leaks
- Buckets emptied
- Back & Front Bar
- Lemon & Lime
- Disposed of excess cut lemon & lime
- Refrigerating whole lemons and limes
- Cleaned chopping board, knife, left to drain
- Washed all (used) measures
- Washed all glasses
- Washed all drip trays
- Nozzles: Wash Drain Leave in DRY GLASS
- Late glasses: rinsed, not left dirty, then left on the RIGHT (dirty) side of the sink
- Shutters secure
- Bar hatch locked
- Fridges :
- Bar on light off
- Side off or on – Check!
- Everything secure
- Leave till draw open
- Switch off POS system
- Mop bar floor and cellar floor
- Till slips left in till draw
- Prepare a bar order
- Set the alarm - Press A
- Lock both doors
Dispose of glass bottles, except if its after 9pm
Incidents: An incident Alarms Company: ADT The bar alarm is protected by ADT
Contact: Alan Bristow Phone:
Aughton Village Hall has a number of systems associated with the buisness of private hire and licensed retail. These systems could have issues or failures during a function causing disruption to the buisness.
Fault/failures are graded as:
- A problem causing no immediate disruption
- A problem causing minor disruption to bar/party operations
- Bar Operations are severely limited
- Bar Operations cannot continue
POS System The POS system is managed Martyn Bristow (Bar Manager) as part of the in house IT
|Martyn||POS System||Internal Web||07825 email@example.com|
|Heinken||Draught beer: Fosters, John Smiths||0345 878 7071||Managed by inserve: 0345 111 2222|
|Coca-cola||Coca Cola, Diet Coke, Lemonade, Soda||cokepubandbar.co.uk||01908 822 228||cokepubandbar.co.uk||Part No: 2185105 of coca-cola|
Requested to be updated Aughton Village Hall, L39 5DH - this has been registers incorrectly as L39 6DJ
Aughton Village Hall is a licensed premise under the Licensing Act 2003.
ALL licensed premise are subject to specifiec Mandatory Conditions of the premise license as detailed in the local licensing policy.
Aughton Village Hall operates a refusals policy to ensure the safety and well being our guests, in accordance with our licensing conditions.
Guests should be politely refused service for alchol if they:
- Appear to be under are under 21 and unable to prove they are over 18.
- Unfit through alcohol consumption
Any guest who is abusive and/or threatening violence should be refused bar service.
At the duty managers discretion they can be requested to leave the premise. The duty manager (license or appointed deputy) have the right to eject anyone from the premise, without giving reason.
The duty managers decision is final, hirers cannot object to ejections. The police can be called if an individual fails to leave.
Duty managers are required to record refusal and objection with good reason.
All refusals must be recorded using the refusals procudure:
- Record the refusal on the POS System
- Record the refusal in the bar log book
Any incident with respect to the licensed premise MUST be recorded, and reported to the Designated Premise Supervisor.
In the event of an accidentSubmit an accident form and report to the management committee but ammonised versions should be submitted to the DPS immediately.
Incidents induced by alcohol: For example conflict, fight or sickness. Request suitable assistance e.g. Police, Ambulance, Security, Caretaker/Management
Aughton Village Hall is operates an ocasional bar, it is not open daily or necessarily weekly. The Daily, Weekly and Monthly cleaning needs are industry best prqctise and need to be related to our schedule, which changes.